MyPaint

Reaction score
Hi
I have problem to instal application mypaint .
i read all forums about how to do it but people talkin about codes and write commands , and i have no idea about programing and dont know any comands and where write them i got this link /trunk/dports/graphics/MyPaint/Portfile
ofcourse dont know what to do with it.
and this
Mac OSX Port
what people write that it is good explain but tells me nothin.
i bought iMac 2 weeks ago so i am new i dont want to learn all programing and codes i just want to instal one simple program mypaint , many people would like to instal it simple and easy but no one want to explaain how to step by step i hope someone here will help us noobies who just want to use mypaint on mac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The best way is to follow the instructions given at Mac Ports. However, I can well understand that it is complex and since you're new to the Mac platform, I don't recommend that for you.

As you know, MyPaint is a Linux program and while it can be ported over to run on a Mac, it may be buggy. What I suggest is finding another program that is similar but Mac native.

Paintbrush for the Mac is free and very close to Microsoft Paint. Why not give it a try. If you don't like it, just drag it to the trash. Download from here. LINK

OP
E
Reaction score
thx chscag but i didnt find anything like this program, like you said paintbrush is likee mspaint, mypaint is like photoshop or corel painter so its a big difference . and i need something like that.

ok i am figure out how to do things from this post
Mac OSX Port

to the point git clone git://gitorious.org/mypaint/mypaint.git
than should apply patch .
how????? where ???????

i pass this one couse dont know what to do and write scons in terminal i get this

scons: *** No SConstruct file found.
File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/scons-2.0.1/SCons/Script/Main.py", line 834, in _main

someone on some forum write
"You need to run scons in the top-level V8 directory. That directory
contains the SConstruct file used for building V8."
so its tell me nothing again. ???????????????????

and what should i do with folder mypaint with whole program source from website. its a source of program and no one say nothing about it .
please help me someone .

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I hate to keep suggesting that you consider using another program.... but you mentioned that you wanted something like Photoshop or Corel. The Paintbrush program is not suited for that - you're correct. However, GIMP is and you don't have to compile a version for running on your Mac. Here's the LINK. It's free and recommended by many folks. Give it a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.