Safari Question

Reaction score
I alway reset Safari before and after I do any online banking, which clears my caches for user names and passwords from the various forums and websites that I am currently signed into. Is there any way to stop Safari from clearing cookies and such from specific sites?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Do you mean that you want to clear cookies for some sites, but not others?

Reaction score
Also, if this is only your computer, why do you do this? Banking sites don't store passwords in cookies an generally time out knocking you off so someone would have to login again anyway. If this is only your computer there is really no need to do this.

OP
bmac_17
Reaction score
That's correct. I would like to clear cookies from some sites, but not others.

Don't know why I do it...Just paranoid I guess. Don't like signs of who I bank with on my computer for some reason, just makes me feel safer, lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Sounds like you need Safari Cookies, it has favourites which is a fancy word for never delete and auto delete none favourites on Safari quit.
Safari Cookies

EDIT: This program will not protect your cookies when you do a "Reset Safari" though, and there isn't anything out there that will in that case.

OP
bmac_17
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll check it out. I may need to change the way I clear my cookies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.