Boot/Install OSX from a CD

Reaction score
My OSX DVD gets an error half way through installation. Basically it didnt install the whole system so my laptop does not boot up. I get a gray screen with a folder in the center with a question mark. My PC only has a CD burner so I can only find files for DVDs. How can I boot from a CD burned on my PC? Thank you for your help. I accept PMs too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I don't understand.
-You have a Macbook and a Macbook Pro with all sorts of problems from what I can tell from your other posts.
-You get an error during the installation.

My PC only has a CD burner so I can only find files for DVDs
How can I boot from a CD burned on my PC?
?????

This post is really confusing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
My OSX DVD gets an error half way through installation. Basically it didnt install the whole system so my laptop does not boot up. I get a gray screen with a folder in the center with a question mark. My PC only has a CD burner so I can only find files for DVDs. How can I boot from a CD burned on my PC? Thank you for your help. I accept PMs too.

I don't understand.
-You have a Macbook and a Macbook Pro with all sorts of problems from what I can tell from your other posts.
-You get an error during the installation.

?????

This post is really confusing.
I think they are trying to download an illegal copy of SL to burn to a CD from their PC and boot from it on the Mac. This won't work as a) CD's are way too small and b) it is illegal.

This is what I get from the post.

Spend $29 on the SL DVD from Apple or Best Buy. And stop doing shady things with your computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And even worse it sounds like they want to install SL on the PC!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.