• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Joshua Kors has no idea how to use a Mac, returns it

Reaction score
How about an experienced person writing a counter-article? How much help can the Apple store provide? In my case I went through a brief readjustment where things were harder…then it all got simple.

As they say: "it's always darkest before the dawn".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I would love to reply to that story, but I have a feeling it's better for me to not say anything. You can't blame people who are stupid and incompetent!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I could've sworn that I saw him in here asking a couple of complete air-headed questions..

But wow..that article sure takes a cake for people clueless about technology..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Someone else has already done a reply for you,
Mike Beasley - Joshua Kors is an idiot

OMG! I was cracking up reading that reply. Good stuff!

One of the best quotes in there:

And you don’t need Windows to perform basic functions. You need Windows to coddle you because you’re totally computer illiterate and don’t even understand the concept of installing an operating system.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Part of me thinks, he just did this for publicity.

Reaction score
What is the saying that comedian uses on Comedy Central....."You can't fix stupid"! Nothing more to be said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Part of me thinks, he just did this for publicity.

He might have shot himself in the foot for future job references should this one not work out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
I like how he complained about the high res screens, when.... Windows also have high res screens. 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 are becoming more common on higher end 17" notebooks and almost all computer monitors support at least 1920x1080.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
if you put your arrow over a word and press Control+Command+D, it will bring up the dictionary definition and a thesaurus entry for the word you’re pointing at
From the "is an idiot reply article". I seriously did not know that. I just learnt something.

And yeah this kid is the only person who would try to sloe that a technological advance is a bad thing. If the whole world still lived in caves and you found a wife by bashing the nearest woman on the head with a club. But the whole world moved on. He hasn't. He does not understand it and yearns for the cave man days of old. Maybe drop him off at the nearest deserted island and he'll be right at home in his cave away from all the technology he has no hope of understanding.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Normally, I give people the benefit of the doubt and try and remain some what nuetral in the Mac Vs. PC arena, but this guy is definitely an idiot.

First he expects OS X to come with a program like Word. Windows doesn't even come with Word and there's free alternatives like Open Office for OSX. He was probably running an old computer and dinosaur of a monitor that has a max resolution of something like 1024x768. I have to deal with people like that ll day at my work. They have 22" wide screen LCDs, but insist on running them at 800x600, or pretty **** close to that because the letters are too small and they can't see anything. Most of these people are over 50 or have never used a computer before. I bet he's complain about a 30" screen running 2560x1600 resolution as something that's utterly useless.

I have my OS X installs and Windows installs all networked together via a WHS box. Works beautifully.

He's also expecting OS X to be bundled with all kinds of software, the same software that isn't included with Windows.

Meh...some people...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
This article is definitive proof that no one or no thing can "fix stupid".

Reaction score
Um... guys, you do realize it was a comedy piece. It was humour. I believe at the very least, right at the end when he wrote how surprised he was that Windows didn't come with his iMac for the Parallels installation, was a dead give away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Um... guys, you do realize it was a comedy piece. It was humour. I believe at the very least, right at the end when he wrote how surprised he was that Windows didn't come with his iMac for the Parallels installation, was a dead give away.

I don't think so, and I also believe that his second piece Joshua Kors: Returning My iMac 2: Revenge of the Mac Lovers was only an attempt to backtrack and try to convince the world that his first piece was a "brief comic riff."

Trolling at best, the guy is a still a loser who got a good laugh out of me (out of pity) :D

See http://twitter.com/joshuakors
Glad you liked my first iMac satire. Hope you'll share the follow-up
over and over and over again..... if that's not defence, I don't know what is :)

Reaction score
I don't think so, and I also believe that his second piece Joshua Kors: Returning My iMac 2: Revenge of the Mac Lovers was only an attempt to backtrack and try to convince the world that his first piece was a "brief comic riff."

Trolling at best, the guy is a still a loser who got a good laugh out of me (out of pity) :D

See Joshua Kors (joshuakors) on Twitter
over and over and over again..... if that's not defence, I don't know what is :)

Seriously, I doubt if he would back track on pissing off the Mac followers, since he probably got a pile of support from the Windows camp.

At the same point, it could be argued that claiming he is only calling it satire now out of defence, is a bit like claiming he is saying it out of defence because one did not actually realize it was satire ;O)

Personally, I only found his satire milding amusing at best, but it was still pretty clear it was satire. Come on guys, don't take it too seriously. If Apple has one problem, it's that many of it's users take things too seriously. Let someone take the mickey out of Apple. It's only a computer. It works great for you, it works great for me. But if someone takes the mickey out of it, then that's life.

Reaction score
I think his first error was believing the fallacy that you need a Mac in order to do video editing or graphic design. That's only true if you prefer Apple's particular brand of software. If you prefer *any* third party software, including the FREE Windows Movie Maker included in every copy of Windows, you don't need a Mac.

The hardware and software capabilities of both are equal, including for video, audio and photo editing. In most cases, the third party programs are more advanced than their Apple-only counterparts anyhow. Do people really use Aperture vs. users of Lightroom or Photoshop for instance? What about iWork vs. Microsoft Office?

Anyway, you can certainly do any of the tasks he described very well on either platform, but he didn't research it or work with it long enough to know if he really wanted to go Mac. I figured out how to mount a Windows drive in about 20 seconds on Mac OS X, so I'm not impressed with his issues. It also sounds to me like he doesn't know the zoom feature on Firefox, which gets you the zoom minus the distortion of a resolution change. Agreed that he's a tool.... but mostly because he should never have bought a Mac just so he could gain the ability to edit video.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.