macbook pro batter won't go in

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP late '08, Lion, 26" cinema display, iPad, iPhone 4, Airport Extrm, Dell Latitude E6400 Win 7
my macbook pro batter won't go in -- it won't easily slide over the connector -- any suggestions? -- can find nothing on the web!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Is it the right battery?

If it is, is the battery swollen?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP late '08, Lion, 26" cinema display, iPad, iPhone 4, Airport Extrm, Dell Latitude E6400 Win 7
original battery

it's the original battery -- I have removed and put back a few times with no problems -- in the past I have upgraded memory and storage and it went back in fine -- I noticed the cover was partially off, so I took battery out and now it won't go back in

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
This leads to the second question that I asked "is it swollen?"
By swollen I mean has the battery expanded.... Does it sit flat (flush) on a flat surface on all sides?
It certainly sounds like it is swollen.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow -- looks like it is swollen in the middle -- never heard of that! -- I'm assuming I need a new battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow -- looks like it is swollen in the middle -- never heard of that! -- I'm assuming I need a new battery?

Yep.... ASAP
It can cause permanent damage to your MBP if you keep using it, and is also a fire hazard.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank you so much!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You didn't mention how old your MBP is, but you might convince Apple to replace that battery for free by taking it on in and showing it to them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.