Internal Hard Drive help for 2ghz MBP

Reaction score
I have an older model 15 inch 2ghz macbook pro. it only has like a 100gb hard drive in it. I want to put at least a 1tb hard drive into it. Can someone point me in the right direction as far as choices and installation? THanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The largest hard drive that's recommended (or will fit properly) in your MBP is 750 GB. Your machine takes a 2.5" x 9.5mm drive. Anything thicker than that may not fit properly or be able to maintain the proper temperature.

OWC is one of the best places to buy hard drives for your Mac. LINK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
I have an older model 15 inch 2ghz macbook pro. it only has like a 100gb hard drive in it. I want to put at least a 1tb hard drive into it. Can someone point me in the right direction as far as choices and installation? THanks!

As chscag said, only 9.5mm drives will work, so 750gb is the max.

You may want to look into getting an external hard drive and just using that to store things.

And the guide in my sig might help as far as installing and transferring everything over.
You can also time machine backup your hard drive, clean install the new hard drive and then restore from the time machine backup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.