My dock

Reaction score
So I was fooling around with my dock trying to change its color so I saved, and then moved the original "Scurve" files to a different folder. After I put the new files in and did the "killall Dock" command in Terminal. My dock is now 100% transparent with a reflection and I cant change it back to original.
I tried moving out the com.apple.dock.plist but that just removed my customized dock and made my new one the same as before with different applications. Nothing is working for me and I need some help with resetting my dock.
Ps I tried moving things around and now i think my resources folder is messed up. Does anyone no how I can reset the entire CoreServices part on my mac?
I really appreciate the help because this dock is me off!:Angry-Tongue Screen shot 2010-12-13 at 10.05.25 PM | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
^^ is a picture of what it looks like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
So I was fooling around with my dock trying to change its color so I saved, and then moved the original "Scurve" files to a different folder. After I put the new files in and did the "killall Dock" command in Terminal. My dock is now 100% transparent with a reflection and I cant change it back to original.
I tried moving out the com.apple.dock.plist but that just removed my customized dock and made my new one the same as before with different applications. Nothing is working for me and I need some help with resetting my dock.
Ps I tried moving things around and now i think my resources folder is messed up. Does anyone no how I can reset the entire CoreServices part on my mac?
I really appreciate the help because this dock is me off!:Angry-Tongue Screen shot 2010-12-13 at 10.05.25 PM | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
^^ is a picture of what it looks like.
Did you keep a time machine backup?

OP
E
Reaction score
urm

I did not.. I don't want to reset my entire OS because I have many things downloaded that I don't want to spend DAYS replacing. any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2.8 500gb 4gb Imac 21.5" 3.06 500gb 4gb
Actually I like the 100% transparent. I would like to do that to mine.

Do you want to come over and do it to mine? :)

Steve

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Move the original file(s) back where you got it/them. You didn't trash it did you?

When you delete a plist file, that's what it does... Sets everything back to default.
So if you've got your dock back to normal, then you'll now have to re-add whatever apps you want on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.