Streaming Music - Wireless

Reaction score
What will I need to stream music wirelessly from my Imac to my audio system in my family room?

I currently have my itunes library on my IMac in my office which is connected wirelessly to my Belkin router my audio system is not connected to my router at all but connected to my dish network HD DVR.

Anyway to do this and what parts will I have to buy,

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
That is what I thought, so do I put the Airport express near my receiver and use the audio out on the Airport to connect to my receiver? then my router picks up the airport? and stream from my computer to the router then to the airport express?

Yep. Have the AirPort Express join the wireless network. Connect it to the receiver via the minijack connector (analog or optical). iTunes will see it as long as the setting is on to look for it. You can also use something like Airfoil to stream other audio to the receiver (I use it for Slacker for instance). Good luck!

Rogue Amoeba | Airfoil | Select Your Operating System

OP
decoman
Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.