Fonts

• Thread starter brianwithan eye
  • Start date
B

brianwithan eye

I notice there are really not as many fonts in OS X as there are in windows. How can i go about getting some more fonts and where should I store them (since I hear fontbook can drag a computer down especially at start-up)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if you plan on a lot of fonts, get suitcase by extensis. font book isn't really good for managing fonts. there are tons of sites, just do a google search for free fonts or something, you can also purchase fonts, and so you know, windows fonts will work in os x. you should probably keep any fonts you add in:
mac hd>library>fonts, until you get suitcase and font doctor and organize things correctly.

OP
B

brianwithan eye

could i transfer fonts from my PC over to my powerbook and they will just work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
they should work, though you may want to download some utility and check for corrupt or damaged fonts. be careful, adding fonts can cause problems, especially too many fonts, adding them to the folder I mentioned earlier automatically activates them., this will slow your start up time and time it takes for apps to open that have to read fonts before opening.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.