Default genre in iTunes

Reaction score
Hi,

How do I change the default genre when I login to iTunes?

I want the Singer/Songwriter genre to be the default instead of the "everything lumped together" genre.

Thanks,
Keith

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Will assume you're talking about the 'Column Browser'. There is no way to change the default "All" to some individual genre. Well, there might be with a text editor and knowing how and which file you need to edit. But, that's way beyond my expertise.

The easy way to do it, don't turn iTunes off. If you're like most of us that only reboot the machine when it's required due to a software update, you're talking about only once every 2-3 months or so you'll have to be bothered by selecting the genre.

C

chas_m

Hi,

How do I change the default genre when I login to iTunes?

I want the Singer/Songwriter genre to be the default instead of the "everything lumped together" genre.

Thanks,
Keith

The presentation of the iTunes Store is controlled on Apple's end. So, short answer, you can't change the default presentation when you log in to the iTunes Store.

Besides, seeing stuff outside your normal comfort zone is GOOD FOR YOU. Now eat your vegetables. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.