Please help! (shuffle)

D

Dexy

Hi,

I really hope someone can help. I have an iPod Shuffle and am having problems with storing music on it.

My PC runs on Windows XP. All the tunes (well, the ones I wanted) from my windows media player were converted to AAC and put in the iTunes library. Here's the problem: after around 30 songs being transferred to the iPod I get the error message that iPod cannot transfer any more songs as it's full.

It was saying that I had used 988.8MB (it's a 1GB) and had 2.2MB free! So, I deleted all the songs off the iPod shuffle and it is still saying I am using 902.2MB - HOW????

I went through each file and not one of them was bigger than about 5MB.

Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Did you load anything else up on it, not through iTunes? The reason I ask is because you can use the Shuffle as a flash key as well, and anything you load up on it will take up space.

iTunes will tell you how much space the music you're transferring is taking up. Select the songs in your library or playlist on the computer (not the Shuffle) and see what it tells you on the bottom of the screen. You may have a song in there that's encoded badly and is taking up a lot of space.

My final suggestion would be to download and run the iPod Updater again on your Shuffle, clearing everything and starting from scratch. Then you can load your songs up again.

Good luck!

OP
D

Dexy

I sorted it out thank you. I had to restore factory settings - it's all ok now. I love it!

Thanks again for your reply

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.