Bootcamp woes - uninstalled, but I have to use alt to boot to OSX

Reaction score
Hey guys

I tried bootcamp with windows 7, and after deciding I couldn't deal with no right click I removed it. However, when I start the machine I get the white text on black message about "Unable to find boot device, insert boot disk" or similar. I think it's a windows 7 message, as my machine was automatically booting to Win7 when I had it installed :s

If I hold alt during startup I see the bootcamp screen with the Macintosh HD (and no others) and can log in fine, and bootcamp assistant just opens up it's start screen - with the option to partition the drive, but nothing to remove it.

I assume it's something to do with the BIOS equivalent OSX uses? Openfirmware or whatever. How to I tell it that I just want it to boot OSX and forget windows exists?

Thanks
Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Go to >system preferences>startup disk, and select your OS X partition.

OP
A
Reaction score
Perfect, thanks, I'm new to the OSX lark.

In my defence, I did find that but when it seemed to already be defaulting to the Macintosh HD I figured that wasn't the problem.

Thanks a lot. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
No right-click?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.