Problem with printing to a shared printer on WinXP

Reaction score
Hey!

I need a bit of your asisstence. Iam new to OS X and have some printing issues from my MBP.

In out network we have 2 printers which are connected to a PC with Windows XP. One printer is Canon IP1700 and the other one is Develop Ineo 163.

I can see that PC and also I can add printers.

1. Printer - Canon IP1700
When I add printer there is all ok, Snow leopard have already driver for this printer inside. I select the driver and install printer. But when I try to print something it doesnt work. On PC the print job is created but job status isnt printing, as it should be, but it is "Spooling...". Even if I let it 10 minuts or more, nothing happens. When I look at the print job detail on PC, there are 0kb transfered.

What could be wrong?

2. Printer - Develop Ineo 163
As I have been informed I cant print from my mac to this printer, because it supports just GDI printing. Is there anything I can do? Are out there any universal GDI drivers for mac, or any converters or any other way which could get this printer to work from mac?

I hope I gave you a good description what are my problems, and I hope you could help me out to solve them :)

Thanks in advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.