Snow Leopard 10.6.5 - slow on shut down process

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 27" iMac: CPU - Intel i5, 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, running Snow Leopard 10.6.4
In the last week and a half, I have noticed that my 27" iMac (which used to shut down between 3-5 seconds) is now taking 10 or more to shut down. I haven't installed any major apps lately, nor have I really "changed" anything, which is why I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this too?

I "have" gotten a few updates in the last few weeks or so from Apple for the Mac, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the price of tea or china.

Anyone else have this problem, and/or know what it might be? (something in the processes that has changed, or taking up resources?)

As a side note, the iMac itself still performs very fast, and I don't notice ANY change in the performance of it - which is a GOOD thing! It's still lightening fast, it's just the shut down that's bugging me lately as it's slowed down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.