Smb & afp

Reaction score
I am not able to connect to my PC (Windows 7 Pro 64bit) with smb nor afp. I have tried IP and server name. I can ping to and from my iMac 5.1 running Snow Leopard and I can connect from my PC to the Mac.

I do not have a firewall on the PC except the Windows Firewall and even if I disable it I cannot connect. I have done a ton of research and know that Snow Leopard has problems with smb. The iMac sees the server but will not connect to it. I have tried all the suggestions I have found but no help.

Both systems are through a Linksys router and Ethernet cable connected.

It's not a huge issue because I can connect from my PC to the iMac but I'd love to be able to resolve this.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You will not be able to access the PC over AFP since that's not a protocol Windows uses..

Are you sharing a directory in your PC to be mounted on the Mac?

Try, CMD+K and then enter "smb://<ip.address>/<directory>" and see what happens..

Regards

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes I am sharing 3 directories and I used to be able to connect. Connection still fails doing as you suggested.

It must be a Windows issue since I can't connect from my MacBook either. I'll look into it.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What was the solution so that others can benefit?

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.