Mac os x >>

Reaction score
Fresh install i am trying to fresh install Snowleopard on my macbook pro how ever i press and hold the C button on startup all i get is a grey screen saying to restart my Macbook, so it appears it will not let me boot from Cd please help me.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try holding down the option key until you get to the boot menu.

You are using the disc that shipped with the MBP, right?

Why are you doing a fresh install? There really is not such a need to do this unless you have been experimenting and damaged/deleted portions of the OS.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yes i accidentally removed some history items i shouldnt of done, so now i need to repair the installation, do i hold down the option key with the disc in the drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Yes with the disc in. And try to install what you have deleted using a utility called Pacifist which allows you to examine what is on the install disc, and install accordingly.

http://www.charlessoft.com/

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies i have managed to recover the deleted items everything appears / seems to be working as it did before now, its the last time i will touch something on here without asking what it is first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.