floating mac logo in lower left...

Reaction score
This stupid floating mac logo has shown up in the lower left of my screen. It will not move to the trash. Nothing comes up in a spyware or virus scan and it floats over the top of whatever application I am running. Any idea what it is or how to get rid of it...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Please take a screen shot holding shift command 3 and post it.

Also, what Mac and what OS are you using?
Have you installed any 3rd party software that may have had something to do with this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 27" 2.93GHz Intel Quad Core i7 iMac 12Gb Ram OS X 10.8.5 / 10.10
Did you install a 3rd party screen saver ?

Check the screen saver tab in your system prefs.

if not, post a pic of it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I am running system 10.4.11 on a 1.5Ghz PowerBook Aluminum. I haven't installed any 3rd party screen savers, but this seems to have come up after I installed a demo of File Juicer so I could extract some jpgs from Canon raw files. Not sure if this icon thing is a related issue.

The first pic is of my desktop with this thing in the lower left. The second shows it in front of an open window.

Any ideas?

Picture 2.png

Picture 1.png

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok... so I am officially a moron... turns out I must have inadvertently drug the finder icon from the dock onto the desktop. LOL!;P Thank you everyone for your responses and thoughts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Ok... so I am officially a moron... turns out I must have inadvertently drug the finder icon from the dock onto the desktop. LOL!;P Thank you everyone for your responses and thoughts.

Ahh can you tell everyone how you put it back ??
The reason i ask is you CANT just drag the finder icon onto the desktop. It is by default locked onto the dock. You can drag Dashboard Apps onto the desktop, but that requires writing code in terminal to execute it ......

In other words how did you fix your problem ???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.