funny vibrations <

LVN

Reaction score
my 2009 13 inch mbp has never given me any problems. recently though ive noticed that when i put my palms on both sides of the track pad i feel a slight vibration, like a 'buzzzzing' kind of feel. it almost like theres a cd is in the drive. something ive never felt in the year and a half of owning my mac. i ran a hardware test with my installation cd and the results came back stating nothing was wrong. computer performance is still top notch, im just worried something could be wrong hardware related. again the only reason i question it is because ive never felt the vibration before up until recently. can anyone give me any insight as to what they think it might be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Probably just the hard drive spinning.

Is it noticeable or just a very slight vibrating?

OP
L

LVN

Reaction score
Probably just the hard drive spinning.

Is it noticeable or just a very slight vibrating?

its becoming slightly more noticeable...had i felt it before i wouldnt worry its just that its something that just started happening.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
its becoming slightly more noticeable...had i felt it before i wouldnt worry its just that its something that just started happening.

Well just keep paying attention to it. If it gets really bad, it's probably the hard drive going. I know both sides of my trackpad vibrate constantly, as it's just the hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Keep current time machine backups.
It could also be the fans ....perhaps a dirt build up inside?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.