video issues

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post and unfortunately it is an unpleasant one. My Macbook Pro 15' i7 has had a rough time. It was spilled on six months ago, promptly cleaned and restored to normal, but now I am experiencing some issues. Most noticeably was the other night when my mini displayport stopped sending a signal to my monitor (using an hdmi adapter). Around this same time I noticed a drastic decrease in my computer's ability to process video, including streaming videos, in quicktime and in Final Cut Pro, which is devastating to the work I do. In FCP the video jumps from one freeze frame to another with the audio playing fine. Anyway, I was hoping it was a RAM issue at first, but I am afraid it may be an issue with the video card.
any ideas?

-n

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Liquid damage usually continues showing it's signs until the machine is toast.
Sounds like it is certainly doing that.
Integrated Video chips, which also mean logic board replacement.
Ports not working.... part of that parcel.
Sounds to me that it is time to start stripping it down to parts to sell, or sell as a liquid damaged computer, and start shopping around for a new machine.
You could get it repaired, which would set you back a fair chunk of what the machine is currently worth, but could still be worth getting a quote from Apple.

See this:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ap...iquid-my-macbook-what-do-i-do-now-thread.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.