HELP- Macbook charger

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am in a very ****** situation. I had the last generation Macbook Pro (2008 model). In may the Charger died and I had to buy a new one. This was right before the new chargers came out. Then later in August my switchboard cracked and I had to purchase a new MacBook Pro.

Here we are today. I lent a friend of mine my extra charger that I had purchased in May, simply because I had an extra and his charger was not working. The kid returned a battered charger that is not working. How can I verify that this charger that was returned to me is not mine? I am more than confident that the kid stole my "new extra charger." I have the serial number of the charger that I have in my possession- the battered one- MV8180JW410UA.
The kid who borrowed my charger has a 2008 model 13inch white macbook. Coincidentally, My girlfriend has the same 2008 model and her chargers serial number is: MV8150LRZ5GB. Is this a coincidence? Wouldn't this mean both chargers are 1) for the same computer. 2) Issued at the same time (2008).
I asked the kid to give me the serial number of the charger that he has in his possession and it is: RR8330VS8114C . I am 95% confident that this is mine. Simply based on the fact that I purchased mine in May 2010.

PLEASE help me sort this issue out. I have dealt with this far too long and I don't want to get jipped out of a charger.

Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4gb RAM, 1tb HD, OS X 10.6.8,
You might consider the price of a charger a small price to pay to get rid of this "friend". He could have asked to borrow something more expensve, like your new MBP.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
PLEASE help me sort this issue out. I have dealt with this far too long and I don't want to get jipped out of a charger.

This is something that you need to resolve yourself. The advice you received from member "graydog" is well worth considering.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.