New User - Switching to Mac?

Reaction score
I’m a long time Windows user but after watching my friends MacBook Pro running both Windows & Mac (Parallels) I was impressed.

I’m planning to purchase a new computer early next year and I’m trying to decide if I want go with a Mac/Windows configuration.

Since I already have a Windows laptop, I’m considering the iMac 21.5-inch: 3.06GHz. It appears to have better specs then to entry level MacBook Pro at the same price ($1199). Any drawbacks with this desktop?

Appreciate comments and advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
I’m a long time Windows user but after watching my friends MacBook Pro running both Windows & Mac (Parallels) I was impressed.

I’m planning to purchase a new computer early next year and I’m trying to decide if I want go with a Mac/Windows configuration.

Since I already have a Windows laptop, I’m considering the iMac 21.5-inch: 3.06GHz. It appears to have better specs then to entry level MacBook Pro at the same price ($1199). Any drawbacks with this desktop?

Appreciate comments and advice.

Nope.

You're getting: Faster and better processor
Faster video card
Larger initial hard drive
More initial RAM
Larger screen with much better resolution

Only drawback is it isn't portable. Do you need portability or do you need a desktop?

OP
J
Reaction score
Considering going with an iMac

Thank you for your reply - think I'll go with an iMac since I don't need portability.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.