Cannon Won't Upload to OSX 10.6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 1gb ram; 320gb hd iPhone 4s 16gb iPod Nano 16gb iPod Mini 6gb
I guess this is the best place to ask if anyone has run into this problem or figured out how to fix it...

After recently upgrading my hard drive and to Snow Leopard, I have found that I can't get the pictures off my Cannon SD1100. I installed the cannon software on the new HD and when I connect my camera, it looks like the "camera Window DC" is loading, but it never finishes. I get several minutes of spinning pinwheel, then a message that says: "Failed to initialize program". I don't see any updates for my camera listed on the canon site. Has anyone dealt with this? Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Have you tired using iPhoto or the Image Capture apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram
Is it running in 64 bit mode? Highlight the app and get info and check the run in 32 bit mode.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 1gb ram; 320gb hd iPhone 4s 16gb iPod Nano 16gb iPod Mini 6gb
Have you tired using iPhoto or the Image Capture apps?

Thanks! I tried Image Capture and was able to import photos off the camera. At least I can use the camera now. I would still like to be able to use the camera software again though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Is there something in particular that you really want from the camera software that iPhoto can't provide?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.