midnight logout

Reaction score
hey everyone, so my girlfriends macbook pro has this problem.
every night, the very second the clock hits 12:00 midnight, it logs out.
this happens every night without fail and neither of us can seem to figure it out.
any ideas?
all help is greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Logs out, or sleeps or shuts down?
If it's sleep or shut down, I'd be looking at System Preferences>energy saver>Schedule.
Other than that, all I can think of is parental controls on her Mac.
Does she live at home with her parents, using a standard account, with her parents admins to the Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Just been Googling this, not heard much about it before. The only thing I can find about automatic logout is under System Preferences > Security > General, there are a couple of options for automatic logout after x minutes etc, don't think this will be the problem, but might be worth a look.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Just been Googling this, not heard much about it before. The only thing I can find about automatic logout is under System Preferences > Security > General, there are a couple of options for automatic logout after x minutes etc, don't think this will be the problem, but might be worth a look.

- Simon

This is the thing.
If it were happening after a certain amount of time (ie 90 mins) of use every time after the user logged, than that is where I'd be looking too, but seeing that it happens like clockwork at midnight, I'd suspect it's the first part of my post above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Yeah sorry I was typing while you had posted didn't notice your post until I had submitted mine lol

- Simon

OP
R
Reaction score
i already check the energy saver, the schedule isnt set, auto logout isnt set in security and she has the only account on the computer besides the guest account. her account is admin, but it says its managed. any idea what that means?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In that case it has parental controls set on that account.
To do this and have no other admin account on there, you would have to have had another admin account at some stage, created that admin account and added parental controls, and then deleted the admin account that setup the parental controls.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.