i erased all my documents in my mac osx 10.5.8

Reaction score
i erased all my documents in my mac osx 10.5.8 cause i was trying to clean it up to sell it. as i did not know it erased my safari , and time machine and a lot of other apps. i didnt empty the trash , i pulled them back out on to the desk top. i got safari to work again , but my computer is so slow and screwed up now , can anybody help me , i dont know what to do or know much about macs??:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I would just perform a clean install, which is what you should do when selling a Mac anyway.

-Boot from the install disc holding C while booting until you see the spinning gear.
-Select language and click continue.
-Select utilities>disk utility in the menu bar (this takes a few seconds to appear).
-Select the HD at the top of the list on the left.
-Click erase tab.
-Format Mac Os Extended (Journaled).
-Name Macintosh HD.
-Click erase.
-Quit disk utility menu, and continue with installation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You will want the original install discs to get top $ for Mac, as well as get more potential buyers.
Call Apple, and for upto around $20, after giving them your serial number, they will send you out replacement discs.
While at it, I would also get Snow Leopard ($29) and provide that with the machine when you sell it as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.