Water damage iphone 3Gs, strange situation

Reaction score
I jumped in the pool with my iphone for about 30 seconds before I realised what I'd done. When I got out of the water I stupidly immediately pressed the power button and nothing happened.

Next I took the case off and shook as much water as possible out of it, gave it a blowdry then put it in a ziplock bag of rice.

It has been about 36 hours since the incident and I haven't touched any of the buttons since. Today I realised that I should take the sim card out. I did so and it was still wet at the bottom of the cradle thing so I left it out and now have it back in the rice.

I can see a whole load of water air bubbles under the camera lens.
What should I do from here? does it sound like there is a chance of it working again?

Thanks, I'm really scared for my poor phone :(

Reaction score
You may need to let it dry for a lot longer. Better yet, if you can open it and dry it, that would be best.

OP
M
Reaction score
Quick update: the rice seems to be working as the water bubbles are now gone from the camera lens. I think I will be leaving it a tad longer, taking the sim card out really helped.

Reaction score
Advice:
When you think its time to turn it back on and try it...DON'T

Wait a few more days. Then when you think its time...DON'T

Wait a couple more days. Then it'll be time.

It will either work or it won't.
If it works, there's liable to be some problems.

Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.