Cinema Display(?) for Macbook Pro 2006

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2.16 ghz MBP 2006 with the silver keyboard.

I went to apple forums and asked what type of cinema display or connectors would I use for my particular macbook pro laptop since I have the larger DVI out, and not the mini. Their answer was to contact AppleSales.

Well, Apple sales person couldn't answer my question.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Right now I have a crappy ASUS 24, and I wanted to upgrade to something at least with isight, but I might not be able to with my version of laptop?

Any help would help. :):Cool:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I went to apple forums and asked what type of cinema display or connectors would I use for my particular macbook pro laptop since I have the larger DVI out, and not the mini. Their answer was to contact AppleSales.

Well, Apple sales person couldn't answer my question.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Right now I have a crappy ASUS 24, and I wanted to upgrade to something at least with isight, but I might not be able to with my version of laptop?

Any help would help. :):Cool:

Well...you really don't have a whole lot to choose from. Only the recently discontinued 24" LED Apple Cinema Display...and the current 27" LED Apple Cinema Display have a built-in iSight camera.

The 27" LED display costs $999...and used prices for the discontinued 24" are between $500 to $650 bucks.

So before we explore things further...are you willing pay this much for one of these Apple Displays...when you can get a perfectly acceptable 24" monitor for under $200...and then maybe purchase $50 dollar webcam?

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Well...you really don't have a whole lot to choose from. Only the recently discontinued 24" LED Apple Cinema Display...and the current 27" LED Apple Cinema Display have a built-in iSight camera.

The 27" LED display costs $999...and used prices for the discontinued 24" are between $500 to $650 bucks.

So before we explore things further...are you willing pay this much for one of these Apple Displays...when you can get a perfectly acceptable 24" monitor for under $200...and then maybe purchase $50 dollar webcam?

Hope this helps,

- Nick

It certainly does help. And your suggestion of course is very economical.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.