Snow Leopard and screensavers

Reaction score
Hi all,

My mac's gone weird, ever since I tried to upgrade to itunes 10.
Anyway, now my default screen savers don't work.
If I 'test' them they are fine, but they never actually happen when they should i.e. after 1 minute or whatever.
Looking in console sometimes I see preferences has error reports such as "long doesn't match apple double" or "can't find match"
Is there anyway to sort out my screensaver's and get them working again?

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Since iTunes or since the update to snow leopard? Because 32 bit screen savers don't work in SL, or didn't.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi,

Since installing itunes 10 - which doesn't work anyway! (it crashes almost immediately on loading).

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi,

Since installing itunes 10 - which doesn't work anyway! (it crashes almost immediately on loading).

Cheers

Well myself and a lot of other in the forum havnt had a single problem with iTunes 10 ...
Have you tried to trash it then download again and reinstall it?? Even in the everglades of the interweb, i cant find anything on iTunes10 crashing on a install .. You might have got a bad .dmg or something similar .. . . . ... . ... .
Maybe a Repair Permissions via Disk Utility will help you out some. Once done that log out then back in .... DL iTunes 10 again and install it. After the Repair your Screensaver could work again as well

Cheers

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi,

It doesn't crash on the install.
It appears to install fine.
Just when I run it it hangs after a few seconds and I have to force a quit.
I did delete the app and reinstall again; same problem.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.