Switching to a Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MacBook Maverick 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB Memory
I am strongly considering switching from a PC to a Macbook Pro and have a some questions.

1. Does Macbook support Flash and if so does it work well on a Mac? I watch quite a few Flash videos and wanted to be sure if I can continue to do so.

2. Does Mac need or require anti-virus software and if so, what anti-virus for Mac do you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66GHz i7 | 4GB | 500GB
1. Yes, all mac computers support flash fully. You may be getting confused with iOS, which doesn't support flash content on the web.

2. Anti virus software is not necessary the same way it is on a PC, but better to be safe than sorry. I use the free software iAntiVirus which does regular scans of my computer automatically.

Mike

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I am strongly considering switching from a PC to a Macbook Pro and have a some questions.

1. Does Macbook support Flash and if so does it work well on a Mac? I watch quite a few Flash videos and wanted to be sure if I can continue to do so.

Yes, Flash is available for Mac OS X. Does it work well? I guess that depends on your perspective - do you think it works well in Windows?

2. Does Mac need or require anti-virus software and if so, what anti-virus for Mac do you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your help.

No - for more information, read here:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sw...-official-antivirus-malware-firewall-faq.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"
I am strongly considering switching from a PC to a Macbook Pro...

I say go for it! I made the switch a year ago. I haven't had the slightest hint of regret. I still use my PC occasionally (actually typing this on the PC), but I prefer the Mac for almost everything.

Reaction score
Same here... I love my Mac even considering that my day job is as a Windows programmer. ;)

OP
CrimsonTide
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I say go for it! I made the switch a year ago. I haven't had the slightest hint of regret. I still use my PC occasionally (actually typing this on the PC), but I prefer the Mac for almost everything.

Thanks. I made the purchase this afternoon at the local Apple store. They are transferring my files from my PC so I'll pick it up tomorrow

OP
CrimsonTide
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks to everyone

that responded

Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase! I just switched over to the macbook pro as well from a pc. Still use my asus pc for gaming but thats it. Dont have any regrets yet and dont think I ever will.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.