Others can't see my webcam

Reaction score
Other people can't see me when we try to do video during chats either yahoo messencer or on ichat. I can see them, just not the other way around. I read something about uninstalling Perian, but don't have a clue what my problem is. Any ides? I'll be extremely greatful for any help. Just trying to keep in touch with the kids and wife while deployed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Welcome to the forums corycat ...

!st off mate you will need to give us some more info to be able to help out.
What Mac do you have ?? Specs
What OS are you running ??
Has the iSight or WebCam worked in other Applications ??
If its iSight does the little green light come on when you are all hooked up ??

To uninstall Perian though go into System Preference and click on Perian down the bottom and when that next screen comes up, click the "Remove Perian" button ....

The more info we get the better help we can give :)

Cheers

OP
C
Reaction score
Sorry about that, My info is as follows:
I've have a Mackbook I bought 2 years ago, Intel core 2 Duo, 2ghz, running snow leopard. I can see myself on the screen, but when I try to connect to my wifes the connection goes off after awhile. I do get the green light saying I'm connected, but she can't see me. She has a IMac, about 4 years old running snow leopard. Thanks for anything that comes out of this. I'll give more info if needed. Thanks for the welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
All good mate we have it now .....

Will link you to Apple Support ~ iSight Troubleshooting.

Go through what you can there and post back if problem still persists ......
But you could also try going into a guest account and see if the problem is in that account. If it works there then we can tie it down to just the Admin Acct.
Try Repairing Permissions via Disk Utility as well. This will repair anything not quite right with your system and hopefully iSight is one Permission that needs repairing ....

Keep us posted

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.