Work switched to Mac

D

Darth_Sandwich

Hooray!

I work at an IT shop in Alaska, and my boss (who is a Mac head) has given me an older-model iBook to haul around for my daily work tasks. It's a G3 700MHz white iBook, running 10.4.2. It's packing 640MB RAM, which is nice - Tiger feels nice and responsive on it! I'm pretty impressed.

I picked up a 15" Powerbook not too long ago, and now I suppose I can let it to the less-hectic world of sitting on my desk or migrating around my house. Having used Windows all of my professional (and talented-amateur) life, I'm completely enamoured with OS X and Apple's products. Tons of fun!

Yay!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 CD/2gb/120gb. iMac G5 1.8/2gb/120gb
So tiger runs well on that machine? I'm debating whether to upgrade to panther or tiger... im running jag right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2 GHz, 20"
Tiger is way faster than Jaguar... I used to have it on my iBook until I upgraded the HW... :)

cheers - pistooli

OP
D

Darth_Sandwich

I've actually got Tiger running on a 300MHz G3 teal clamshell iBook. Seems to be humming along without issue. You'll need lots of RAM, though. The clamshell has 320 or so, and the 700MHz has 640. I have a Powerbook (brand new) with 1.5GB, all of them seem to run Tiger without complaint, which is really pretty killer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
your so lucky....you live in alaska

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple iMAC Core Duo (20"/1gb/250/SD/BT/AP)
maybe I will move out there! LOL! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.