Stupid Divx

Reaction score
Ok, first it kept giving me update pop-up everytime I opened a YouTube video because I downgraded to an older version of Divx. Since the pop-up kept appearing even after I upgraded back to the newest version, I decided to delete Divx.

Now another nuisance; after deleting Divx from Applications and HD -> Library -> QuickTime. Still, whenever I open a YouTube video I get a yellow bar on the top saying I should install "missing plug-ins" for Firefox so that I can watch videos in "HQ" with Divx's plugin. NO way.

How do I completely get rid of everything Divx has put on my mac so that I can stop getting this yellow bar in Firefox everytime I open a video on YouTube? (Before I installed Divx I never got that)

This is really annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Download AppTrap or similar, re-install, and then drag to the Trash whilst AppTrap is active, turn on in System Preferences. Keep us posted?

OP
I
Reaction score
Download AppTrap or similar, re-install, and then drag to the Trash whilst AppTrap is active, turn on in System Preferences. Keep us posted?

You mean I should reinstall Divx then move it to the trash when Apptrap is active?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Yes. Make sure AppTrap is active by going into System preferences >AppTrap and heck active. By default it becomes inactive on shut down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.