Error partitioning MBP

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently decided to partition my MBP using Boot Camp. I alloted Windows Vista 50GB and started. After a slow process my MBP booted in Vista. I now realize how much I loath Windows OS's compared to Mac...Anyhow, after taking one look at Vista I decided that there was no comparison to Mac and went to switch back...Problem is I can't. I went to "Disk Management" and took a look at my drives. I have a 50GB primary C: drive. My Vista drive...makes sense. I also have another primary 450ishGB drive that has no letter assigned and no information. The only thing I can do to the drive is delete it. I am figuring that I might have somehow reformatted my drive so that my computer can't recognize it or something. Long and the short is I'm stuck on Vista and need Snow Leopard back!!!

The saving grace is that my MBP is only about a month old so I really don't have any important data on it and all the most important stuff is backed up. I would be all for wiping my computer and reinstalling Snow Leopard, I just need help on how to do it.

Many MANY thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There's no error that I can see from what you've told us thus far.

Reboot your machine while holding down the option key until you get the boot menu.
Select your OS X partition. Once back in SL, open up BootCamp Assistant and use it to restore the partition back to OS X.

Open up the guide in BA to find out how.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I also have another primary 450ishGB drive that has no letter assigned and no information. The only thing I can do to the drive is delete it. I am figuring that I might have somehow reformatted my drive so that my computer can't recognize it or something. Long and the short is I'm stuck on Vista and need Snow Leopard back!!!

Did you delete or remove the 450 GB drive that was showing up with no drive letter while you were in the Disk Management utility? If you did, you removed your MacIntosh HD partition and will no longer be able to boot back to OS X. Let us know because that requires erasing the hard drive and reinstallation of OS X from your DVD set in order to get everything back for Snow Leopard.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thankfully it was just my options key that was not allowing me to boot my snow leopard. When I pressed it last night my MBP would freeze and reboot in Windows. I tried booting this morning pressed the options key and everything worked as it should.

Thanks for the fast and efficient help :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, that's fine. I just wanted to make sure you didn't accidentally erase or remove your OS X partition. And be sure to follow bobtomay's instructions about how to remove the BC partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.