MobileMe - Duplicate Entries All Over The Place

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I love MobileMe but I'm becoming very tired of it making one and sometimes two duplicates of items on my calendar, i.e. I enter ONE entry and after Mobile Me syncs, there are THREE of them. Is anyone else having this problem? It's not worth having MobileMe if I have to go in and delete duplicates all over my calendar. Is there a way to search for duplicates in iCal? This is driving me nuts. I will appreciate any suggestions, etc. Thanks in advance for your help.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
We probably need a bit more detail. Particularly about the devices affected. This will happen with the iPhone for example if iTunes is set to sync with MobileMe and pull a calendar from your Mac during synching.

OP
billwill
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
MobileMe - Duplicates

I don't know what has happened... when I go to iCal on my MacBook Pro, in the left column I see about 30 calendars! Why do I have so many? I only want to have ONE! How can I consolidate all those calendars into just one, and delete the rest? Thank you for any help you can offer me.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
C

chas_m

Chances are that the problem is rooted in your accidentally telling MM to sync BOTH the local "on my Mac" calendar AND the copy on MM's servers.

When you open iCal, on the far left you'll see at least two "categories" of calendars: ON MY MAC and (your MM email address). Click the disclosure triangle to open them up. UNCHECK all the calendars under ONE or the OTHER of these categories. That should remove some of the duplicates.

Now go into iTunes and/or your iPhone/Touch (if you have one) and have it sync with ONLY the "category" you chose. That should clear up more if not all of the duplicates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4ghz / Lion; MBPro 2009; iPhone 4S; iPad 2
I'm guessing that the Notes app is subject to a similar arrangement, but can't see how to fix it. First I had double, triple & quadruple duplicates of Notes in Mail; then they all disappeared from my iPhone; subsequent new Notes on the iPhone aren't appearing anywhere else. I've stopped automatic syncing until I can be sure that I won't lose either collection.
Is there a decent Apple support article that explains - in detail - how Notes uses mail accounts to sync?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.