Photoshop woes after 10.6.5 update

Reaction score
So i've posted on both apple's and adobe's forum for help, but no suggestions worked.

Issue: - Photoshop is taking up huge amounts of CPU (over 100%) working on little file.
-Changes are not showing up in the window, but I can see the thumbnails changing.
-If i zoom in and out 5 or six times, the changes show up in the main window, (but I can't work like that)
-It started happening after the 10.6.5 update.

Things i've done (that I can remember)
-reinstalled combo update (twice)
-Cleared font cache (multiple times)
-reset photoshop (multiple times)
-ran disk utility, Onyx, hardware thing on disk etc. (pretty much every kind of normal trouble shooting tool I know about) -I've been working on macs since 1994...
-I made sure there were no duplicate fonts with Font book. and manually deleted fonts I did not use or thought might be causing issues.
-I had no plug-ins in photoshop at all
-no waccom tablet or similar. Only use magic mouse.

My machine is a unibody late 2008 macbook with 6gb ram and a 3.06 processor. So memory or processor speed should not be an issue.

so i'm open to all suggestions. Only photoshop is messed up as far as I can tell and it started happening since the 10.6.5 update.

Thanks.

paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Have you tried dropping back to 10.6.4?
There was an update pushed recently of PS5 - what version of PS are you using?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.