Printer questions after joining an IMac to a Windows Domain

Reaction score
Hello,

As you can tell by my name I am a Microsoft fan. (now that I think about it I should have put Windows instead, not all M$ products are good)

Anyways, I am a System Support Tech at a company running pure Windows. Our new graphics design guy was approved for a new PC and he chose an IMac. (my nightmare, simply because I've never dealt with Mac)

We have successfully joined this to the Windows Domain (after many days of research on the process of doing so) but we're running into a minute issue.

We added the printer (Ricoh Afficio 821DN) and the Apple Driver pack 1.2 or 2.1 or something and we can print successfully. However, he has to enter his login credentials everytime he prints.

We have also added all of the shared network drives but he doesn't have to use his credentials to get into them (which makes since because he already used his credentials to logon to the domain)

Like I said, I am not a Mac guy. I'm 100%M$

OP
100%M$
Reaction score
I figured it out! If I add the printer via IP instead of hostname it works fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.