Clean my mac

Reaction score
I have had ny mac a year now and I imagine that by now there are a number of issues that are slowing it down etc.
I was looking for some software to sacn and correct this and saw Cleanmy mac.
Is it any good and are there ant cheaper better ones out there that do the same job
Thanks

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
There are many, some free, some varying in cost.

I use IceClean which is free and seems adequate to the task and is stable - no crashes or freezes in the 6 months I've used it.

More erudite opinion will no doubt be forthcoming from others.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well you do have Disk Utility. If you want ot do a clean up goto Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility and use the Repair Permissions tab to Repair your permissions lol....

others out there and people swear by is Oynx ~ By Titanium Software or MainMenu.
With Oynx make sure you download the .v that is compatible with the OS you are running. If you dont, you could cause problems you dont want. I personally have MainMenu and it is a paid App but totally worth my hard earned $. Either App will do all this ... Alot more than DU

batch-tasks

So yea another couple to contemplate

Cheers

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I have to say that I'm converted!

IceClean is good and free.

Onyx is very, very good and free!

So, TattooedMac and harryb2448, thank you - and you're right.

Ian

Reaction score
Been running my Mac for well over a 2 years and the only thing I have ever done is repair permissions from time to time and an occasional reboot (once a month or so). I have never had an issue with it slowing down. To be honest, this is UNIX based, not Windows so you don't really need to clean anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've been using Cocktail forever on my Mac. It does cost money, and I can't claim it's better than some of the free alternatives, but I've always been happy with it.

Maintain - Cocktail - Overview

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.