Freezing issues with new Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Okay, I know Macs aren't perfect. They're nice but not perfect. SO, this may be a little paranoia, but, I don't feel bad because I just shelled out a lot of dough for this laptop.

Okay, so, I got my brand new 17" Macbook Pro yesterday. It's specs are: 17" Matte screen, 7200 RPM HD, Intel i7 2.66Ghtz Processor, 4gb DDR3 RAM.

Since I got it about three times I've had a program randomly freeze on me. It was Safari once, Garage Band and also the DVD player.

I'm sure this could just be normal, but since I'm running the i7 and even though 4gb RAM is stock, it's still enough that I shouldn't really have problems. (I AM planning on upgrading to 8 though)

I'm just wondering if this is normal, if there is something I should look out for, or if that shouldn't have happened yet. Garage Band was bad enough that I actually ended up having to shut the Mac down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
This is not normal.
If it were me, seeing that you only got it yesterday, I wouldn't even bother troubleshooting.
I would just call Apple, explain the situation.
Your MBP is what they would classify as DOA, and they will arrange for a replacement unit.

OP
R
Reaction score
For sure? Garage Band was pretty bad. But, I switched over to Firefox and haven't had a problem since. I'll keep messing around with it and see what happens.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said completely random, it has been when I was trying to do something that would have been slightly more trying. First one with Safari was streaming video. Garage band was installing a huge update and then the computer went to sleep and shut off all the wifi which messed it up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.