Diablo 2 on OSX SL 10.6.5, i know it works, but how?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac,20'' 2.4 | iMac,24'' 2.4 | MBP,15'' 2.4 | MB,13'' 2.0 | PB-G4(under surgery),15'' 1.33
First post!:D

Still trying to get Diablo 2 and LoD to install/work properly on one of my machines.

The machine is a 24" imac 2.4ghz
Following a rough guide from a sucessful friend, my process was.
1. Ditch original cd, download authorized client from battle.net after registration.
2. Install Diablo 2 from downloaded client.
3. Install LoD expansion from downloaded client.
4. Patch with b.net patch 1.13 (or latest)
5. Hold Option while launching to select video options

Upon launching, you see the icon bounce once, then fade, and crash, no error report.

Have i missed something? has anyone been sucessful with installing from client to SL 10.6.5?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My first question is...your title says "I know it works, but how?". How do you know it works on an Intel Mac running a version of OS 10.6?

Assuming it does work (I haven't tried to install Diablo 2 on any of my Intel Mac's...I have too many older G4 & G5 Mac's where Diablo 2 runs fine)...try installing "Rosetta". It's a program that allows older PPC applications to run on an Intel Mac with OS 10.6. Rosetta is not a default install of 10.6....but it is on the 10.6 install disk...you do it as an optional install.

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.