Restore language packs OS X 10.5.8

Reaction score
So I've had my ibook for 8 hours and I've managed to break it...kinda.

I, unknowingly, removed required language packs from the computer and now, it turns on without the top panel and doesn't respond when apps are clicked on the dock.

Anyone know how I can restore the language packs?

I do not want anyone to tell me to re-install os x, if that is your solution, please, don't suggest it, it has already occurred to me and it will be my last resort.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I do not want anyone to tell me to re-install os x, if that is your solution, please, don't suggest it, it has already occurred to me and it will be my last resort.

You may possibly be able to boot from the OS X install disc...and you may be able to do a custom install of just the language packs. Just got to see what options the installer gives you when you boot from the install disc.

If this doesn't work...then about the only other option would be to reinstall the OS.

- Nick

OP
Ants473
Reaction score
Yeahhh I bit the bullet and reinstalled, which I'm glad I did now, this old G4 really seems to prefer 10.5.6 to 10.5.8. MUCH quicker.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.