Macbook Pro start up issue

Reaction score
Any one ever see this?

hoto7.jpg

Macbook Pro 15" OS 10.4.8 (.9?) 2.0ghz 2mb ram (2007 I think)

I have zapped PRAM, tried safe boot etc nothing helps.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Looks like a GPU issue. (Bad graphics processor.) Your MacBook Pro may be one that has had its graphics processor warranty extended to four years by nVidia through Apple. I suggest contacting Apple service support and give them your model number and serial number so they can determine if it's under extended warranty.

If it turns out it is under the extended warranty, Apple will replace the logic board for free. Let us know.

OP
D
Reaction score
I took it into the local Genius Bar and they could not get it to boot from an external drive for diagnostics.

Could not say if it was an Nvidia issue but wrote the service up under warranty as if it were ??? anyways, I get it back in a week and we shall see then what the problem was.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK. Sounds like they're going to service it under the special extended warranty. It certainly looks like a graphics issue and that means a new logic board. A repair like that would normally cost around $700 if done by Apple. Let us know how it all works out.

OP
D
Reaction score
logic board - FREE

last week they said 5-7 days and it was 6 days - got it back and paper work says -'logic board' --- so now it screams like it was new... cost me zippo even though 3 months past original 3 year Apple Care - gotta love this company!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for posting back and glad things worked out great for you. Score another for the good guys! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.