Speakers for imac recommendations?

Reaction score
Just bought new 21.5 imac and would like to get better audio speakers.I know there is a lot out there but i would like some recommendations for those that connect using imac usb connection.
thanks
Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo - eMac 1.42 GHz (RIP) - iMac G3 400 MHz - iPad 2 16GB
OP
M
Reaction score
bass jump looks like a great idea.Do you have one or have you heard one?Are you sure they are imac compatable? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo - eMac 1.42 GHz (RIP) - iMac G3 400 MHz - iPad 2 16GB
bass jump looks like a great idea.Do you have one or have you heard one?Are you sure they are imac compatable? Thanks

They are iMac compatible (per Amazon.com user reveiws and the company website). I haven't used one (I have JBL Creature II's), but check out the reviews on Amazon.com. Very slick solution in my opinion.

OP
M
Reaction score
how are the creatures 2?Do they connect using usb or do you have to plug them in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Creature II's are nice, they lack some midrange though. The connect with a standard 1/8th inch audio jack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac i5 3.1 ghz 16GB ram mid 2011 OSX 10.8
speakers for iMac

Harman & Kardon soundsticks great for the price plus great to look at or if you can stretch to it Bose 5 way (fantastic sound bland styling )plus the Bose are USB powered . The Sound sticks are normal 3.5 jack so you can use them for airtunes through an Airport Express.

OP
M
Reaction score
narrowed down my choice between bass jump or Bose companion 2.I Seem to be leaning toward the bass jump because of some of reviews of faulty issues with the bose.Would love someones opinion on my choice for my imac.
Thans

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.