Mail issue (not gmail)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac: 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4GB Memory | 1TB HD | ATI Radeon 4670 256MB | iPhone (1st gen)
Recently, my mail program has decided to keep asking me for my password. I use AOL (yeah yeah I know lol had it for ever) mail, I'm just wondering why this would happen all of the sudden, when honestly this just never occurred. Even the hubby isn't sure and he's pretty knowledgeable about Mac issues. I thought maybe it was happening because I was using my iPad for things and the mail got confused I just dont know. Its jumping like crazy on my dock as I type this and I keep typing in my password, and it's correct, but after about a minute it just asks me again.

So yeah just wondering, has this happened to anyone else ... or is this just an aol server side issue? Thank you for any help :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Besides advising you to get rid of AOL and change email providers, :) what I think may have happened is that your keychain may be messed up.

Open your keychain access.app from Applications, Utilities. Click on Category, All Items. Your mail and airport items should appear. Highlight each mail item, right click, and press delete.

Now go back to Mail, Preferences, Accounts, Account Information, and fill in your password again. You might also have to fill in the AOL info again so before you delete anything from keychain access, make sure you copy all the address info from mail to a safe location. (write it down somewhere)

Let us know if that works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.