PC Died, Iphone sync with New HELP!

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals,

I've searched to no avail, here's the deal.

*(please bear with my non techno descriptions, I'll try to be as clear as possible)

I have a 1st generation Iphone with all my contacts, apps, songs etc. humming along just fine.

The PC I've used to sync and backup the phone went to laptop heaven last week. It's the motherboard, so she's dead. I have replaced it with a new laptop.

I installed Itunes to the new laptop, when I docked the phone, it upgraded the version of Itunes. When I synced, it synced step 1 of 1, which pretty much did nothing. No contacts, songs, or anything but the "purchased apps" went from the phone to the pc.

I do have (and am able to access) the files on the old hard drive. As suggested on other sites, I cannot simply dump the old Itunes folder into the new Itunes folder. I think the issue is two different OS's (XP & Windows 7) and two different Itunes on the phone and pc's.

I've also tried installing the older Itunes version on the new pc.

I can't believe Itunes will not allow me to transfer the existing phone files, from the PHONE to Itunes. I can't be the first person who needed to do this. I mean what if your computer gets stolen, or dunked, or in my case dies?

So, I have the phone, the old drive, the new PC, but no synced files! I'm worried that my phone will crash and I'll lose it all.

Thanks in advance!

Dominic Trapani

Reaction score
It will do a full backup if you update or restore.

There's some other way to do it too, but I can't remember what it is

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can copy the whole library XP to windows 7. The location is different due to the differences in the user file structure.

However if you're happy reconstructing your library and just want to restore your phone you can copy the latest backup file from the old disk to your new one (close iTunes first):

XP location:
%AppData%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Windows 7 location:
%AppData%\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Edut:
Scratch that, just re-read your post . . . .
Try Yamipod to copy your data from phone to PC.
or
Copy the whole library across:
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/moving-your-itunes-library-to-a-new-hard-drive/

Look at the part headed "Moving your Content to a New Computer"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.