DVD Burning Software

Reaction score
I'm a new iMac user, a convert after 30 years of PCs. In making the grand migration I've run into some adaptability issues. Aside from a lack of an up-to-date Word Perfect I cannot find a DVD converting and burning alternative to DVDFlick. I seem only to find something that will convert and something that will burn, but nothing that will do both.

Has anyone her found an app that will do both and do them as gracefully as DVDFlick? Free is good but I've been known to spend a franc or two on something worthwhile.

Thanks.

p.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I didn't realize people still used Word Perfect?

There are a lot of great alternatives on the Mac including MS Office and iWork.

OP
P
Reaction score
I didn't realize people still used Word Perfect?

There are a lot of great alternatives on the Mac including MS Office and iWork.

I've been using WP since it was WPjr. It's far superior to Word which I only use because my students use it.

C

chas_m

Since not everyone here knows what DVDFlick does *exactly,* maybe you could explain more clearly what you want to accomplish?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Using Burn and Handbrake, i set up my queues and forget about them. Like having a all in one IMO

OP
P
Reaction score
Since not everyone here knows what DVDFlick does *exactly,* maybe you could explain more clearly what you want to accomplish?

DVDFlick converts and burns to play on my BluRay/DVD player attached to my HDTV. One step, not two.

But even with the two steps of Mac software the burns will not play.

I cannot believe no one else has had this problem on the Mac. Doesn't anyone burn disks for play over their TV? And if so, which app do you use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Toast will convert and burn, depending on the original file format.
Can you explain exactly what you are trying to burn and what it's original format is. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I cannot believe no one else has had this problem on the Mac. Doesn't anyone burn disks for play over their TV? And if so, which app do you use?

Burning discs to watch on TV? That's like, so 2005. We all rip and stream now, welcome to the new decade.

Seriously though, I haven't burned a DVD to watch on my TV in so long it's not even funny. Everything is digital and everything gets streamed. I still watch commercially purchased DVDs from time to time, at least until I rip them and can stream them.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'm not much help either. I did that whole thing of burning to disc from about '98 - '04. Like baggss, with the advent of DVI & HDMI on TVs, that whole time consuming extra step disappeared from my repertoire at least 5 yrs ago in favor of streaming.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Oh I don't do it either, but have a good memory! We need more specific info though.

C

chas_m

Pennysworth:

While I'm sure you can accomplish what you're trying to do on a Mac, many of us have long ago switched to Apple TV for this -- a far more elegant solution.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've been using WP since it was WPjr. It's far superior to Word which I only use because my students use it.

Sometimes, you just need to make a change. WP isn't even made for the Mac anymore. You could run Windows on your Mac for it, but why? Frankly, you should have probably done a bit more research before you switched.

C

chas_m

WordPerfect is barely even made for the PC anymore. Corel have ignored that poor thing for over a decade now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 GHz C2D 4GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 9400 | iPhone 3GS | TV2
Burning discs to watch on TV? That's like, so 2005. We all rip and stream now, welcome to the new decade.

Said. As I see it ffmpegx will handle most of your conversions. Then use Burn or SimplyBurns.

Alternatively, with no offence intended, buy an Apple TV and modernise.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.