"date and time" gone from system preferences

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

"Date and time" disappeared from my system preferences.

The last time I remember using it (probably a couple months ago), I simply changed the settings so that the clock wouldn't show on the menu bar. Now that I am going back to change the settings, Date and Time is no where to be found.

What could have happened? Is there a way to get it back?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
All of the preference panes (the default ones at least) are stored in /System/Library/PreferencePanes (if you haven't changed the name of your HD, that would be Macintosh HD > System > Library > PreferencePanes). If "DateAndTime.prefpane" is there, double click it. That should hopefully re-add it. If it's not there, you may be out of luck. If you use Time Machine, you can restore it from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It wasn't there or when you tried to add it, it didn't work? Did you get any sort of error message? If you right click it > Get Info > Sharing and Permissions, what are the permissions listed?

OP
J
Reaction score
It isnt there at all. Am I out of luck? I mean, its not really that big a deal, its just kind of driving me nuts not knowing why its gone.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it's not there, you're out of luck. One thing that may help to reinstall the latest combo update for your version of OS X in the hopes that it is included.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.