Photoshop 7

Reaction score
I have a legit copy of Photoshop 7 and wondered if I can get it to work with a MacBook Leopard operating system ... is it just a matter of updating the software from the Adobe website, or will it just not work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
No, sadly it just will not work. Adobe never needed to upgrade it, because CS3 came out.

OP
N
Reaction score
I have put this disc on ebay for sale, as I am sure that it was only loaded on the one Mac that I bought second hand from my boss a few years ago.

That Mac is no longer in operation, so I wondered what issues a buyer might encounter with the Photoshop disc ... it has the original serial/case and only loaded on the 2 machines I have mentioned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I don't think there will be any issues with regard to install, but installing on more than one machine is frowned upon normally.
Personally I don't see why, but it's law apparently.

OP
N
Reaction score
Okay, so will my recently found copy of Illustrator 10 work on a modern MacBook?

C

chas_m

I can't personally test this for you, but basically "probably not."

Illustrator 10 is at least FIVE versions behind the current edition, which means it's at least eight years old now.

How much eight-year-old un-updated software do you think runs on modern Macs?

Answer: not a lot.

Buy CS5 or at the very least CS3 (the first good CS version IMO) for working on any modern Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.