Need some advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB
Hey guys,
Do you think it would be wise to sell my MacBook (mid 2009) and my 16GB iPad and get a new 11" MacBook Air? I already have an 20" iMac I do mostly everything on but I need something to bring back and forth to college (I'm a commuter). Plus I already have an iPhone 4 lol.

Reaction score
well why don't you just get a keyboard for your ipad? It will save you tons of money, unless you need to do something more than word processing.

OP
therichad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well why don't you just get a keyboard for your ipad? It will save you tons of money, unless you need to do something more than word processing.

Well I don't really want to carry around a keyboard with my iPad. I really like how the new macbook air is like a hybrid of the iPad and the MacBook. I want the Mac OSX functionality with the portability of the iPad. I kinda want to reduce the amount of devices I have since I get confused sometimes on which gadget to use haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Sounds like you've made your mind up already ...but, I'll help :)
Since you already have an iMac, the MBA would be a great portable to go with :)

OP
therichad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like you've made your mind up already ...but, I'll help :)
Since you already have an iMac, the MBA would be a great portable to go with :)

Well you're right, I think I'm gonna go through with it. I posted a feeler on the buy/sell forum haha. I just need some positive reinforcement you know? Like yeah that is a good idea. If I get some negative comments maybe perhaps I would change my mind lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The two of those should pretty much cover the cost of the 11" MBA.
Who knows, you may be able to do a straight swap on buy/sell/trade.
I must say... I'd want to max out the MBA RAM, HD, and processor which takes it to US$1399, even if it meant chucking in a few extra dollars after selling the Macbook and iPad.

OP
therichad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The two of those should pretty much cover the cost of the 11" MBA.
Who knows, you may be able to do a straight swap on buy/sell/trade :)

A straight up trade would be ideal but I am not sure who would want to give up a brand new MacBook Air. Those bad boys look sweet!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I edited my post above as you were posting :D

OP
therichad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I edited my post above as you were posting :D

Yeah you're right about maxing everything out. The stock MacBook Air has room for improvement. I am gonna go to Apple Store to check them out to see how snappy they really are. I've actually played with them a little bit but not enough yet haha

C

chas_m

If you have an iMac you do "most everything" on AND an iPhone 4 AND an iPad, you really feel you ALSO need a laptop for your commute??

Man that must be one boring commute! :)

If you really feel a MBA would meet your commuting needs best, get one and maybe sell the iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you have an iMac you do "most everything" on AND an iPhone 4 AND an iPad, you really feel you ALSO need a laptop for your commute??

Man that must be one boring commute! :)

If you really feel a MBA would meet your commuting needs best, get one and maybe sell the iPad.

He wants to sell the MB and iPad and go with the MBA as he already has the iMac!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.