RoboForm to 1Password and back to RoboForm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini desktop (purchased in August 2009), Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6.8
I switched from a Dell/MS windows desktop to a Mac Mini desktop in August 2009. I had been using RoboForm since 2002 or 2003 and LOVED it. I was disappointed that I could not use RoboForm with my new Mac Mini and I had to switch to 1Password. 1Password is okay but not RoboForm. When I switched to 1Password I was able to transfer all of my passcards/passwords from my Dell to my Mac.

Today I downloaded RoboForm for Mac and also RoboForm for my new iphone 4 (early Christmas present from my hubby!). My question: How can I transfer all of my passcards/passwords from 1Password to RoboForm? I have the disk I used for the initial transfer (from RoboForm for Dell to 1Password for Mac). The information on this disk is over a year old so I would prefer to transfer my information from 1Password to RoboForm. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Gina in Texas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
1password can export to a text file, so if Roboform has an import feature, you should be all set.

File > Export all

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini desktop (purchased in August 2009), Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6.8
1password can export to a text file, so if Roboform has an import feature, you should be all set.

File > Export all

I am not finding an import feature for the RoboForm for Mac. Where would I find the import feature in RoboForm for Mac?

Thanks!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You're not going to find many (if any yet, since this is very new for them) using Roboform on their Macs.

I would suggest you shoot an email to Roboform.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I love 1Password for my Mac's, but I also use RoboForm for my PC's. 1Password for PC just seemed kind of clunky. Of course it is brand new to the platform. Maybe in time it will get better. Both are great though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What exactly do you like better about Roboform over 1Password?

Reaction score
roboform vs 1 password

What exactly do you like better about Roboform over 1Password?

I am also intersted to know why you want to switch.

I have roboform on my PC and LOVE it, but am switching over to MAC and need to decide which one to use.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have roboform on my PC and LOVE it, but am switching over to MAC and need to decide which one to use.

This thread is over two years old. You may not get a reply from her but generally, we recommend 1Password. Roboform has worked well in Windows for years, but this is not Windows. Use 1Password on your Mac and I think you'll see the difference right away. You can download their trial version before you buy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.