Epson 2880 with iMac not working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", i7, 12GB
Hi All,

Sorry to bother you all but I've just bought an iMac and moved over from PC. All seems to be going well but I can't get the printer dialogue box for the Epson 2880 when trying to print through CS4. The CS4 dialogue box appears but when I choose page set up I get a generic dialogue box that only allows me to choose paper size! Internet research suggests that this a common problem and I should not use the Apple drivers, I should use the specific Epson Snow Leopard driver. I have uninstalled the Apple drivers (after removing the printer) and installed the Epson drivers but when I try to add the printer it wants to install new drivers. If I say no, it will not let me add the printer! Catch 22.

How can I add the printer without installing the Apple drivers?

Any help would be much appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let's get this moved to the correct forum. Does not belong in "Images.....

You're going about it in the wrong sequence. First, add the printer and the Apple drivers (which are supplied by Epson anyway) and then install/update the drivers with those you downloaded from Epson.

You can always choose which drivers to use from the printer options, there is no need to uninstall a driver.

To select the driver you want: Open System Preferences, select Print & Fax. Highlight your Epson printer on the left side of the dialog. Click on the tab that states "Options & Supplies". Now click on the driver tab. Use the scroll arrow to select the driver you wish to use. OK your way out of System Preferences and restart.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.