Why doesn't the three finger swipe up and down gesture work in safari?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
You know, the one which allows you to swipe up to get to the top of a page and three fingers down to get to the bottom? Works in Firefox but not Safari which I find a bit odd considering the Magic Track Pad and the regular track pads and their support for swipe gestures n' such.

I went to try Safari again today because I felt as if FF was running a bit slowly (not sure if it's FF or my connection though speedtest.net says 29mpbs) but it feels strange not being able to access those particular gestures.

Doug

Reaction score
I don't specifically know the answer to your question, however, I have been using BetterTouchTool for some time now, and if gestures is your thing, it's definitely worth a look - and free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You know, the one which allows you to swipe up to get to the top of a page and three fingers down to get to the bottom? Works in Firefox but not Safari which I find a bit odd considering the Magic Track Pad and the regular track pads and their support for swipe gestures n' such.

I went to try Safari again today because I felt as if FF was running a bit slowly (not sure if it's FF or my connection though speedtest.net says 29mpbs) but it feels strange not being able to access those particular gestures.

Doug

Beats me.... this is one of the reasons I stick with FF.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.